Restoration of the Kolk
Everything you need to know about this special construction site
Together we restore the historic Kolk. The focus is on three objectives:
- The historic Kolk is to be preserved for the future.
- We want to make monument protection compatible with modern needs.
- Our two institutions grow together into a puppet theatre centre.
Or you can use our contact form:
Aktuelle Infos aus erster Hand
For residents, we offer regular e-mails with up-to-date information about the next construction steps. We are happy to include you in this mailing list. Simply write us your e-mail address via the contact form.
On our construction site in Kolk, we are constantly discovering exciting details.
No wonder, after all, our beautiful merchant houses have experienced a lot in over 400 years. We want to share the most interesting of these little stories with you. Follow us on Twitter or Facebook. Here we regularly publish new insights.
Answers to frequently asked questions about the construction site in Kolk
Wo bekomme ich als Anwohner regelmäßig aktuelle Infos zur Baustelle im Kolk?
Our project manager Mrs. Bartels-Fließ informs the residents around the Kolk by e-mail with the latest information. We will be happy to include you in this e-mail distribution list.So you know first-hand what happens next on the construction site. Please write us your e-mail address to email@example.com or simply use the contact form above.
Warum ist die Restaurierung des Kolks so wichtig?
The refurbishment of the Kolk is about more than just new buildings for the Puppet Theatre Lübeck and the TheaterFigurenMuseum. In fact, a piece of the old town is being renovated here. We want future generations to be enchanted by the Kolk.
- We fix the floor in the Kolk so that the buildings will continue to stand on stable ground in the future.
- It turned out that many walls were not "toothed" and partially damaged. Thus, the wall no longer offered a strong support for the facade. With original materials, the walls in the Kolk are now reliably attached to each other.
- Until now, the buildings in Kolk were not accessible to all people. It is high time that puppet theatre and theatre figuresbecome barrier-free.
Behält der Kolk seinen historischen Charme?
We love the magic of the narrow alley Kolk and are eager to reopen it to all Lübeckers and visitors.
The face of the Kolk has changed over time. Especially in the 1980s, much was added to the Kolk, which changed the original "face" of kolk. We would like to bring the Kolk back a little closer to its historical original. Therefore, wherever possible, we use historical materials, e.g. bricks in monastery format, which are burned according to "original recipe" in historical furnaces. The newly planned building is also more closely integrated into the duct of the other buildings. It picks up the brick of the Petri Wall and combines modern and historical elements.
By the way, the Kolk will be even more atmospheric in the dark season in the future. After years of dark windows, after construction, lights will again shine behind the windows in the Kolk.
On the revised design of the buildings.
Made possible by